What are the rules for the competition?
*Rules subject to change.
- Eligible participants must be a Canadian resident.
- The Open Auditions will be looking for acts and performers that are entertaining, promising and fulfill the general rules of judging which include: natural ability, quality of performance, showmanship and audience appeal.
- Performers must audition with the act they intend to use in the competition. NO CHANGES after audition (with the exception of wardrobe) are permitted.
- Baton twirlers or similar acts using batons, machetes, knives, etc will not be accepted.
- All senior competitors in the Stampede Talent Search must be at least 13 years of age and not more than 21 years of age on or before July 14, 2013.
- Junior performers must be at least 6 years of age and no older than 12 years of age on or before July 14, 2013.
- All performances must be NO LONGER THAN 4 1/2 minutes in length.
- Group acts may not exceed 5 members.
- Vocalists using a tape or CD must not have any vocal backup whatsoever, including themselves.
- Entertainers invited to perform in the Stampede Talent Search must attend a contestant's meeting and will have the opportunity to attend a special workshop that is designed to enhance their performance and improve their overall performance skills.
- The services of a professional band will be available to any performer in their performance during Stampede. Full details will be outlined in the successful candidate's acceptance letter.
- The Grand Prize Winner(s) cannot compete in future Stampede Talent Search competitions after they have won, but may be invited to perform in future shows, parades, and various venues as the Grand Prize Winner with the Stampede Talent Search program.